All the budding psychologists, who have done their MA in psychology or are still pursuing would certainly be considering their options for further studies. Most of us end up planning to go abroad due to limited opportunities in India. But if any of you feel guilty for contributing to the brain drain of our country, there is a silver lining. A lot of highly recognized Universities in India offer great M.Phil. courses with specialization in Clinical Psychology.
Some of them are listed as follows-
- Central Institute of Psychiatry, (CIP) Ranchi: Oldest and the most respected Institute in India started its M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology Course in 1985. No of seats reserved for General Category 6. Its form is to be submitted by the end of December 2016 and it is mandatory to submit ones MA final mark sheet by Feb 2017. It also offers other M.Phil. and PHD programmes.
|Central Institute of Psychiatry, (CIP) Ranchi|
- Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: This lesser known university also offers 2years RCI Approved M.Phil. programme both in Clinical Psychology and Forensic Psychology. The last date of submitting application form with demand draft is 15th June and the exam is to be held at the institute itself.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi: IP University has recently offered its M.Phil. program at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital. They have 70% seats reserved for General Category. Its form usually comes in the month of April and exam is held only in Delhi.
- Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Science (IHBAS), Delhi: The institute started its M.Phil. Clinical Psychology Training Programme in 2004. The course is for duration of 2 years and is affiliated by University of Delhi. Number of Seats reserved for General Category is 10. The last date of submission of application is 11th July 2016. Its exam is to be held on 21st August 2016 and the course will commence from 1st October 2016.
- Manipal University, Karnataka: This is one of the best universities for those of you who love South India. It offers its 2 year M.Phil. programme under Kasturba Medical College, Manipal. Its last date for submission of Application is 30th June 2016 and classes will begin from 1st August 2016.
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neurosciences, Bangalore: This highly recognized Institute offers both M.Phil. And PhD programme in Clinical Psychology. It has 21 seats for M.Phil. Programme and 3 seats for PhD. The form usually comes in March and the On-line test is conducted all over India.
- Post-graduate Institute Of Behavioural and Medical Sciences (PGIBAMS) Raipur: one of the lesser known but easier to crack institute offering RCI approved M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology. Last date of Application is June 30th 2016.
The above list is not exhaustive, some other state universities are also a good option to be considered such as Gautam Buddha University, Ranchi Institute of Neuro-Psychiatry and Allied Sciences, Calcutta University and K.G Medical College Lucknow.